Citrix NetScaler documentation script version 3.5
After having released the NetScaler documentation script version 3.0 last may, it is now time to release version 3.5.
In total the Citrix NetScaler Documentation Script has been downloaded well over 14.000 times already and we still see a daily demand for it. I’ve also received a huge amount of response with new ideas or just a basic thank you. With this release we have added a lot of new functionality and while at it fixed a couple of issues that were reported for 3.0.
Before I start with explaining what has changed I want to point out that, although I started this script, this truly has been a team effort. The script wouldn’t have been this great if it wasn’t for Carl Webster and Iain Brighton. Webster developed an amazing PowerShell template to get started with documenting and outputting to Microsoft Word. Iain has written all of the NetScaler functions I use in the script to make sure I’m getting all the values out in a way it’s readable.
What I love about the virtualisation community is that new people will just pick up where you have left of. In this release a lot of the new functionality was just delivered to me by Andy McCullough so I have added Andy to the NetScaler Documentation Script team! If you want to be part of this and help expand the functionality of the script feel free to drop me an e-mail.
Please have a look at the team page to see a list of everyone who helped me develop and test the script.
- The script is now fully compatible with NetScaler 11.1 48x released in july 2016
- Added NetScaler 11.1 Features, LSN / RDP Proxy / REP
- Added Auditing Section
- Added GSLB Section, vServer / Services / Sites
- Added Locations Database section to support GSLB configuration using Static proximity
- Added additional DNS Records to the NetScaler DNS Section
- Added RPC Nodes section
- Added NetScaler SSL Chapter, moved existing functionality and added detailed information
- Added AppFW Profiles and Policies
- Added AAA vServers
Added NetScaler Gateway functionality highlights
- Added Section NSGW “Global Settings AAA Parameters”
- Added SSL Parameters section for NSGW Virtual Servers
- Added Rewrite Policies section for each NSGW vServer
- Added Section NetScaler Gateway Policies > NetScaler Gateway AlwaysON Policies
- Added NSGW Bookmarks
For the complete release notes click here
The Citrix NetScaler documentation script version 3.5 can be downloaded here.