I’m verry happy to announce that since the 10.1 build 122.11 all is fine again and there is no need to change Java settings. If you are not able to upgrade right now please continue reading.
Normally I’m not all that in to short articles about fixing bugs but this one is nagging so many people I couldn’t resist in jumping in.
Some time ago I started running into issues with the Citrix NetScaler Java applets build in to the GUI. I ignored it for a while because I’d always had my own laptop with me that worked every single time . So here I was thinking I was so smart because I had the only working system in the world……. But then one day it just stopped working, it would load the applet up to 1% and then froze.
After countless hours of troubleshooting I finally gave up and went to Google to notice I of course wasn’t the only one having problems. The fact is that none of the threads on the Citrix support forums ended up in a completely working solution until I started combining them.
So here’s the fix!
Open up the Windows Control Panel and start the Java Control panel.
Now go to General -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings and Unselect Keep temporary files on my computer.
Now go to General -> Advanced and configure the following options
“Mixed code (sandboxed vs trusted) security verification” = “Disable verification”
“Perform certificate revocation checks on” = “Do not check”
I hope this was of help! Please use the comments sections for your questions.